Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dreamlog/6.8.09/ Out to Sea/Past International Dateline: Berthing "cleandalism"


It all starts off in a berthing.



Early in the morning, people are waking up, and getting ready to have a "fine navy day".



I'm aware that the berthing is different from the normal berthing that I was put in, but I pay no mind. I hear the repetitive morning hustle and bustle, but I fly "under the radar".



Flat Black spray paint appears in my hand, and groggily, I put my name up on a stuccoed wall.



I write my name, horribly, lacking much needed effort. I do not intend to write good - at all.



Then I think to my self "Oh shit! Why did I do that?



I try smearing it. I paint over it yet clearly see what was supposed to be covered up.



I hide the paint in someone else's area, and continue on pretending to clean. I look for a sponge to smear the urban scrawl before it dries.





As I find one and head back to clean it up, I see our "Berthing Petty Officer" painting over it. Accepting his sorry life, he cleans without a complaint.



I feel bad, but carry on. ...and I'm awake again... actually getting ready for a shitty day out to sea.



1 comment: